Monday, May 25, 2009

Times....

I started capturing reference material for the animation and realized that it's going to take some intensity to get this movie to look like I want it to look... mainly however, it will take TIME. Yup, no matter how much I simplify the images, the story or the style, I will need a lot of hours to get it to the right point of expressiveness... And that is fine with me, but I admit it's kind of scary because I like to finish what I start and this will mean a commitment of over six months... perhaps up to a year or more... It all depends on whether I continue to work full time or not, but even if I can get by without working, this won't be a quick affair... no sir... And as I was reworking the storyboard I had my doubts on the order of the scenes, particularly on whether the opening scene works with the rest or not... so there is still stuff to redo for now. It looks to me like the movie will be more of a visual poem than a traditional narrative, so it's very important for me to ensure that all the parts are as cohesive as possible with each other, otherwise there is a big risk of it turning into a senseless muddle. It might already be confusing enough even if I manage to get it as clear as I envision it...

The job with the videogame continues to get interesting, I'm done with the storyboard and will get started on animating 2d bitmaps inside the game engine. It looks like soon we will also enter "crunch time" so I might also get to work on 3D stuff sooner than expected. Weeee!

It's nice to have some positive things going on at this time, cause my personal life on the other hand is kind of falling apart... Now since I'm pretty busy with work and thinking of the movie, it makes the other stuff bearable and I am sure that once all the personal stuff is lived out, I'll be putting all my waking hours into the movie and my job, so it's all good and I'm running with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment